Sunday 22 March 2015

Things That Make Me Happy...

Happiness is a state of mind. You don't need huge things to make your lips curve into a smile. Its the simple ones that do it more often. Here is what makes me happy:


1. A Beautiful Flower:  Flowers with their colours, patterns, shapes and sizes give nature its beauty. I just love them , many say it's with women , I am not sure. However, when I see a blossomed flower, I just feel happy within. Its beauty captures my senses and takes me with it. 



2. Being with Family:  Times with family is so rare. Most of us are just running around trying to keep our jobs, the kids leave home and go to study, with us being able to see them only when they are home. As parents we look forward to having our kids at home for whenever they can. Its like re-living the earlier times when they were home all the time and we could spend more time with them. However in this competitive era that is so rare. They are so busy just trying to be the best at their studies that visits are rare. However, whenever there is a chance we look forward to spending time with family together.



3. Cooking:  My kids are huge foodies. The reviews on food and restaurants on this blog by my daughter speak volumes about the same and I love to keep them happy. They love food and I love to cook. Gujarati cuisine has world famous dishes like Khakhra, Thepla, Khaman, Dhokla, Undhiyu, Khandvi, Handvo, Puda, Basudi, Gor papdi etc. When they are home I prepare a week ago of what all they can be fed and how many varieties can be cooked in their limited holiday span. With both children living in the hostel and being fed terrible food, the next thing after "how are you?" when home is "what have you made". I just love them hogging on till the last bit is finished and they make my cooking efforts so worth it with their satiated smile. 



4. Listening To Old Hindi Film Songs:  I belong to an older time and so do the tunes that play on my mind. My favourite relaxation on weekends even when there is not much outing is my old cassette player with my collection. Though the world has changed and I do have a computer and what they call a digital music system, thanks to the modern kids but I prefer my old cassette player. It just gives a rustic feel of the time gone by, as though the tune coming out of that player can only take me into the days gone by. Kishore Kumar, Rafi Sahab, Lata Mangeshkar, Manna Dey , etc. the list is endless and though some movies today have good songs, nothing can match the era gone by, for me.



5. Domino's Pizza and Coke: If by the previous paragraph you were beginning to believe I am an old woman who has old tastes, well really not. I have loved some changes of this era and being a food lover myself I love the availability of all kinds of cuisine in the current time more than ever before, Pizzas have been my favourite, in fact at ever festival when I do not cook, I order a pizza. My kids are delighted by this as they love it too. Domino's cheese burst is our treat to ourselves on a lazy day. And what is pizza without a "Coke " of course. It is one drink that goes with every food, Indian or western. I am addicted to coke and happily so. If you wish to know more about Coke log on to :  to http://CokeURL.com/96jnc.



Haven't fallen in love with Coke yet? Well let it seduce you, watch this video: 

No comments:

Post a Comment